“ FRACTIONAL CO2 LASER “
Today, the methods applied under the name of “Acne Scars, Pores and Wrinkle Treatment” may be insufficient… Different formulas have been used in the treatment of skin aging, wrinkles and acne (acne) scars for years. These :
1. Chemical Peel
3. Mechanical Dermabrasion (sanding)
4. Botox and Fillers
5. Light Therapy (Intense Pulsed Light: IPL)
6. Laser Treatment:
a. Nd:YAG Laser
b. Er:Glass and Er:YAG Laser
c. CO2 Laser: It is the deepest effective scar and wrinkle treatment method in the world. As it is quite effective, its side effects can also be significant. For this reason, “Fractional CO2 Laser” has been developed for the last 5 years, which is a revolution in the world of “Laser Dermatology” and reduces the side effects of this system to almost zero.
IN WHICH AREAS IS FRACTIONAL CO2 LASER USED?
1. Skin rejuvenation, facial rejuvenation: It is indisputably the most effective method for removing wrinkles and lines on the face, eyelids, neck and décolleté.
– Removal of fine wrinkles
– Removal of deep lines and facial rejuvenation
2. Scar treatment: It is the strongest and most effective treatment technique for acne scars (acne scars), pores and pits, scars and burn scars and skin cracks on the face, back and chest.
1. Treatment of acne scars (acne scars): acne scars are classified in two main groups as superficial and deep:
a. Superficial acne scars and pores: These are the scars that affect the upper layer of the skin. These scars appear especially after acne treatment and appear as slight pits and collapses at the base of the redness. Superficial acne scars can be partially reduced with superficial skin peeling formulas such as chemical peeling, but the treatment of non-beautifying acne scars is possible with fractional laser quickly.
b. deep acne scars
– Ice pick acne scars and deep pores: These are punctuated pits, usually less than 2 mm in diameter, that appear on the skin in the form of areas punctured with ice picks. Although these scars are not large in diameter, they can be very deep, sometimes they can go down to the subcutaneous fat layer. That’s why the best treatment for “ice pick” acne scars is laser. In the middle of laser demands, the most effective and at the same time the least side-effect system is the fractional CO2 laser.
-Box car (freight wagon) acne scar: Acne scars in the form of round or oval.
– Rolling scar (wavy) acne scar: These types of acne scars, which are usually deep, are caused by the fact that the upper layer of the skin is pulled in by the lower layers. Up to 80% beautification is observed with fractional CO2 laser in this type of acne scars, which is the most difficult to treat.
2. Removal of large pores and coarse appearance of the skin
3. Removal of sunspots, age spots, postpartum spots and superficial pigment disorders on the skin
4. Reduction of multi-connective tissue (hypertrophic scar) and keloids
3. Thanks to the special laser application head, it is used in aesthetic eyelid surgeries, minor surgical processes on the face and in the correction of injuries:
– Treatment of pre-cancerous skin lesions – Treatment of skin cancers – Treatment of mass skin lesions on the skin – Treatment of mass lesions in the hair, eyebrows and beard area – Treatment of pyogenic granuloma – Treatment of rhinophyma and autophyma – Treatment of congenital or acquired moles – Treatment of cholesterol plaques on the eyelids – Treatment of masses formed in places such as hands, feet, genital area
WHAT ARE THE CHANGES IN THE SKIN AS A RESULT OF FRACTIONAL CO2 LASER?
After the CO2 laser application, a 30% shortening occurs in the subcutaneous collagen fibers. In the next 1-3 months, new collagen formation under the skin and reorganization in the subcutaneous connective tissue occur. As a result of all these, skin stretching, which is called skin rejuvenation, and a high level of reduction in roughness, spots and scars on the skin occur. The pores in the skin narrow and the structure of the skin returns to its state of 10-15 years ago.
IS FRACTIONAL CO2 LASER APPLICATION PAINFUL?
During the application, there is a feeling of impact, as in laser epilation. This feeling can be reduced by using anesthetic creams and cold air.
HOW MANY TIMES IS FRACTIONAL CO2 LASER APPLICATION DONE?
The number of sessions varies according to the severity of the problem and depending on the power and depth settings of the application. An average of 40% smoothing is observed after each application. While 1-2 sessions are sufficient for mild to moderate wrinkles and scars, treatment is arranged as several (3-5) sessions for very deep acne scars and wrinkles. The frequency of the sessions varies according to the depth of application: the treatment is repeated every 1-1.5 months in superficial applications and every 2-3 months in deep applications.
WHAT ARE THE FEATURES OF THE HEALING PROCESS?
No dressing is required after fractional CO2 laser application. There is no complaint other than scaling on the skin that lasts for 3-7 days and then a few days of redness. The patient can apply make-up from the second or third day. This advantage of the fractional laser allows the patient to continue their daily life.
“ FRACTIONAL CO2 LASER “