One of the most valuable steps in the hair transplantation process is the restoration of the ‘front hairline’. It is one of the most valuable parameters that show the quality and success of hair transplantation. A poorly designed front line can lead to setbacks in the image of the person for a lifetime. There are certain criteria that we use in determining the front line. These;
1. Photos of the person before hair loss, This information will guide us in determining a healthy front hairline.
2.Front middle border point, This point is visible to many people. This point may not be seen in those with advanced hair loss. The distance of this point to the midpoint of the eyebrow may vary in the middle of 6-10 cm.
3. The starting and ending points of the forehead muscles. With age, there is weakening in the forehead muscles and the front hairline may slide down 1 cm.
4. The distance of the midpoint between the two eyebrows to the front hairline,
5. The angle that the lateral hairline, which we call the ‘temporofrontal angle’, makes with the front hairline,
6. The hair density in the front midline, which we call the ‘Frontal tufted area’, is the area that attracts attention when an individual is first viewed from the front. This area should be heavy and frequent.