Turkey is a popular destination worldwide in terms of hair transplant procedures. Turkey is considered a country preferred by those who want to have a hair transplant abroad, especially because of its low prices and advantageous dollar exchange rate. Well, what is the answer to the question of why hair transplant prices are so cheap in Turkey?
Firstly, the reason for the low cost of hair transplant procedures in Turkey is the high number of hair transplant surgeons in the country. This creates a competitive environment, and surgeons are under pressure to lower prices. On the other hand, the fact that the devices and materials used for hair transplant procedures in Turkey are generally cheaper than those used around the world helps lower prices. In addition to these factors, the current dollar rate in Turkey can also help to keep hair transplant prices low because tourists from abroad or those who want to have a hair transplant from Turkey can have a hair transplant by paying less money due to the advantageous dollar rate.
Secondly, Turkey’s high tourism potential may also contribute to the low prices of hair transplants. Considering that tourists from abroad may want to have a hair transplant when they come to Turkey, reducing the prices of these procedures may be inevitable.
As a result, the most important reasons for Turkey’s low hair transplant prices are the abundance of hair transplant surgeons, cheap devices and materials, and advantageous dollar exchange rates.
What is Hair Transplantation? Why and Where Is It Done?
Hair transplantation is the process of restoring the areas lost by human hair for various reasons. This procedure is performed by the hair transplant surgeon and is usually completed in one day. The reason for the loss of human hair can be different; However, the most common causes include genetic predisposition, hormonal changes, and wrong practices in hair care.
Hair transplantation is performed by removing hair follicles from the area where the scalp of the person who has lost hair is taken (for example, behind the ear or beard area) and transplanting these follicles to the areas that have lost the hair. As a result of this process, natural-looking hair is formed in the area where hair transplantation is performed.
The results of hair transplantation may vary from person to person. However, the natural appearance of the hair and reduction of hair loss are generally expected after hair transplantation. The hair transplantation process may vary depending on the cause of hair loss. For example, people with hair loss due to genetic predisposition are more likely to lose their hair again after hair transplantation. For this reason, it is recommended that people who want to have a hair transplant first determine the cause of hair loss and contact the hair transplant surgeon to get detailed information about the procedure.
Why and Where Is It Done?
Dermatologists and plastic surgeons usually perform hair transplantation. The surgery is usually performed under anesthesia and can take several hours, depending on how many hair follicles the surgeon transplants into the recipient area and the size of the recipient area.
Hair transplantation can be done for various reasons of hair loss. These include male pattern hair loss (androgenetic alopecia), hair loss for women, traumatic hair loss, and congenital baldness.
Hair transplantation is usually done for aesthetic purposes and aims to improve the appearance of the person. However, in some cases, hair transplantation can also be done to reduce the psychological effects of hair loss or to prevent skin problems caused by hair loss.
What is Graft? What are its Types and Features?
The graft is a term used in hair transplantation and is the name given to the area where hair follicles (hair follicles) are transplanted. During hair transplantation, hairy tissues taken from the area called hairy roots (hair follicles) are transferred to the recipient area. These hairy tissues are generally classified in several different ways and are called “grafts”:
1. Follicular unit transplant (FUT): In this method, several hair follicles are transplanted together.
2. Follicular unit extraction (FUE): In this method, a hair follicle is transplanted one by one.
3. Micrograft: This is a smaller type of “graft” in which several hair follicles are transplanted together.
4. Minigraft: This is a type of “graft” where more hair follicles are transplanted together, but larger.
Many factors, such as the surgeon’s size of the recipient area, the number of hair follicles, and the thickness of the hair, can be effective in choosing a hair transplant method.
Hair Transplantation with FUT Method: Advantages and Disadvantages
The follicular unit transplant (FUT) method is one of the hair transplantation methods. In this method, a strip is taken from the area of the patient’s hair (for example, the posterior head) and separated from this strip to form units with several follicles. These units are added to the balding areas (for example, the anterior head).
The implementation of the FUT method is as follows:
1. First of all, the area of the patient’s hair (for example, the posterior head) is anesthetized under anesthesia.
2. A strip is then taken from this area. The length and width of the strip may vary according to the region to be planted.
3. Units with several follicles are formed from the taken strip. These units are called grafts to be used in hair transplantation.
4. The balding area (for example, the anterior head) is opened, and the grafts to be transplanted are placed in this area.
5. After the sowing process is completed, a hat recommended to be used by the patient is put on. This hat is used to protect the planting area.
The FUT method may be suitable for people with mild to moderate hair loss. However, this method may not be sufficient for people with severe hair loss. For this reason, it is recommended that people who will prefer the FUT method consult with a hair transplant specialist and decide.
FUE Method: An Easy and Effective Option in Hair Transplantation
The follicular unit extraction (FUE) method is one of the hair transplantation methods. In this method, individual follicles are removed from the area of the patient’s hair and added to the balding areas. The FUE method may be suitable for people with mild hair loss. However, this method may not be sufficient for people with severe hair loss.
The advantages of the FUE method are:
1. Less pain: Since the number of follicles taken is less in the FUE method, the pain is less after transplantation.
2. Less scarring: In the FUE method, since no strips are taken from the transplanted area, scars are less visible after sowing. In this way, patients can return to work more quickly.
3. A more natural appearance: In the FUE method, individual follicles are added to the transplanted area. In this way, the hair texture after transplantation has a more natural appearance.
The disadvantages of the FUE method are:
1. It requires a longer time: In the FUE method, the follicles are taken one by one, so the planting time can be longer.
2. Provides less hair density: Since the number of follicles taken is less in the FUE method, the hair density may be less after transplantation. Therefore, this method may not be sufficient for people with severe hair loss.
DHI Method: Distinguishing Features from FUT and FUE
DHI (Direct Hair Implantation), FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction), and FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation) methods are three different options from hair transplantation methods. The features that distinguish these methods from each other are:
1. Sowing method: In the FUE method, individual follicles are removed from the area where the patient’s hair is and added to the balding areas. In the FUT method, a strip is taken from the area of the patient’s hair and separated from this strip to form units with several follicles. These units are added to the balding areas. In the DHI method, individual follicles are removed from the area of the patient’s hair and added directly to the balding areas. The device (DHI implanter) that will perform the sowing process is used in the DHI method.
2. Hair density: In the FUE method, follicles are added to the transplanted area one by one. In this way, the hair texture after transplantation has a more natural appearance. The FUT method adds units with several follicles to the transplanted area. In this way, the hair density is higher after transplantation. In the DHI method, follicles are added directly to the transplanted area. In this way, the hair texture after transplantation has a more natural appearance.
3. Scars: In the FUE method, scars are less visible after transplantation. In the FUT method, post-sowing scars appear more. In the DHI method, post-sowing scars are less visible.
4. Duration: In the FUE method, the sowing time may be longer because the follicles are taken one by one. In the FUT method, the planting time is shorter because units with several follicles are formed by taking a strip. In the DHI method, the sowing time is shorter than in the FUE method because the follicles are added directly.
Hair Transplantation with Sapphire FUE: Highest Success Rates
Sapphire FUE is a hair transplant method. This method removes individual follicles from the area of the patient’s hair to add to the balding areas. Thanks to this process of using sapphire-coated blades, less scarring and less damage are done during planting.
In this method, individual follicles are added; therefore, the hair texture has a more natural appearance after transplantation. However, it may not be suitable for people with severe hair loss because only a small number of follicles are added.
Sapphire FUE offers the opportunity to maximize hair density by transplanting the largest number of grafts in the best way. In this way, the hair appears as often as possible after transplantation and looks so natural that it will never be understood that it is a hair transplant.
Graft Hair Transplantation: How Much Can Prices Change?
The cost of hair transplantation procedures varies according to the type of procedure to be performed, the amount of hair to be added, and the area to be treated. For example, the average cost of hair transplant procedures in Turkey may be lower than those in America and Europe. The cost of hair transplantation is also determined by the area and amount of hair to be transplanted. These costs may vary depending on the procedure type, the amount of hair to be added, and the area to be treated.
The information given below is given to compare the average costs of hair transplant procedures and is intended to be a general guide. Please note: Hair transplantation is an aesthetic procedure and is not covered by health insurance. Therefore, you may have to assume an upfront obligation to pay the transaction cost.
If you are considering hair transplantation, it is important that you do careful research and pay attention to the doctor/clinic where you will have the procedure.
Turkey: The average cost of hair transplant procedures may vary between 1200- 2000 Euros for 1000 hair transplants.
America: The average cost of hair transplant procedures can range from $5,000 to $15,000 for 1000 hair transplants.
Europe: The average cost of hair transplant procedures can vary between 3,000 – 10,000 Euros for 1000 hair transplants.
Hair Transplant Costs in Turkey: Comparison of FUE and DHI
Hair transplantation costs in Turkey may vary according to the needs and preferences of the person. In general, hair transplants can vary between 2000 Euros and 3000 Euros. This price range may vary depending on factors such as the width of the area to be transplanted, the number of hair needed, and the technique to be used. For example, a lower price may be paid for an area requiring less hair transplantation, while a higher price may be required for an area requiring more hair transplantation.
In addition to the hair transplant prices, the time required to complete the transplant is also important. Some plantings may only take a day, while others may take several days. This can also affect the cost. Especially for areas requiring more hair transplantation, transplantation may need to be completed in more than one session, which may increase the total cost.
There are many clinics and doctors in Turkey who do hair transplantation. For this reason, it is possible for the person to find an option that suits his needs and budget. However, careful research is always recommended for quality service and results. Hair transplantation is a procedure that can positively affect a person’s daily life, and it is important to make the right choice.
Hair Transplant Costs in the USA: Factors and Recommendations
In the United States, hair transplant procedures can cost between $7,000 and $15,000 on average. This price is only used to cover the cost of the hair transplant procedure, and additional fees may apply for other services and amenities.
For example, additional fees may be paid for the consultation process, or if accommodation, food, beverage, or transfer services are needed during the process, additional fees may be paid for these. Therefore, in order to understand the exact cost of hair transplant procedures, it is also necessary to consider the prices of all additional services and amenities.
Hair Transplantation in Turkey: Factors Affecting Cost?
Among the factors affecting the cost of hair transplantation in Turkey are the following:
• The region where hair transplantation will be performed: The region where hair transplantation will be performed is an important factor affecting the costs. For example, if more hair transplantation is required in the front of the head, this procedure may be more expensive.
• Hair transplantation method: Among the hair transplantation methods, there are methods such as FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) and FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation). The FUE method may be more expensive, but it is less invasive and leaves fewer scars.
• Desired hair density: During hair transplantation, more or less hair is transplanted according to the targeted hair density. This is a factor that affects costs.
• Number of hairs added: The number of hairs used in hair transplantation is a factor affecting costs. For example, the procedure may be more expensive if more hair is added.
• Processing time: The duration of hair transplantation is a factor that affects costs. For example, a process that takes longer may be more expensive.
• The place where the procedure will be done: The place where the hair transplant will be done is a factor affecting the costs. For example, hair transplantation may be more expensive in some cities.
• Clinic where the procedure will be performed: The clinic where the hair transplant will be performed is a factor affecting the costs. For example, costs may be higher if the procedure is performed at a more prestigious clinic.
• The doctor who will have hair transplantation: The experience and prestige of the doctor who will do the hair transplantation are factors that affect the costs. For example, the costs may be higher if a more experienced and prestigious doctor is commissioned.
• Content of the procedure: The content of the procedures to be performed in hair transplantation also affects the costs. For example, if only hair transplantation is done, the costs may be lower, but if hair dye or hair care procedures are to be performed in addition to the hair transplantation process, the costs may be higher.
• Procedures to be performed before and after hair transplantation: The procedures to be performed before and after the hair transplant are also among the factors affecting the costs. For example, using products such as hair care or hair spray before hair transplantation or special shampoo or care products after hair transplantation may also affect costs.
How Should the Clinical Selection Be?
Having a hair transplant in a proven and popular clinic can provide some advantages. For example, because these clinics have more experience, procedures may be more likely to be successful.
In addition, the results of hair transplantation may be more successful due to the fact that these clinics use more expensive materials to provide better quality service and that more experienced and prestigious doctors work.
They should be careful in the selection of clinics and pay attention to issues such as the service quality of the clinics, the experience and prestige of the doctors, and the quality of the materials used. In this way, they can have the chance to have a quality hair transplant procedure by keeping the costs low.
Technique / Method
Hair transplantation method: Methods such as FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) and FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation) are used in hair transplantation procedures. These methods differ in how the hair follicles are collected and placed in the desired areas. Because the FUE method is less invasive, it may be more costly.
Extra Services (Hotel, Transfer, Translator)
Services such as accommodation, transfers, and interpreters, which are called extra services, can also affect the costs of hair transplant procedures. For example, if you stay in a luxury hotel for accommodation, the costs may be higher. Similarly, private transfer services can affect costs. The interpreter service may be a necessary service for people who do not speak the language, and this service can also affect costs.
The costs of these services may vary based on factors such as the clinic or city. By getting information in advance, an idea about the costs of these services can be obtained, and if necessary, these services can be taken into account.
Variations in Hair Transplant Packages
Variables such as the quality of PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma), mesotherapy and post-transplant medication, and vitamin supplements can often be found in hair transplant packages. PRP is called plasma, which contains high levels of platelets, and is used in hair transplantation to accelerate wound healing and to support stronger and healthier hair growth.
Mesotherapy is a treatment method in which drugs or vitamins are injected directly under the skin and can be used in hair transplantation to support the stronger growth of hair follicles. Post-transplant medication and vitamin supplements can also be used to support stronger and healthier hair growth after hair transplantation.
How Are Reliable Cheap Hair Transplant Services In Turkey?
Turkey has worldwide importance in hair transplantation and offers high-quality services. However, as in every country, the prices of hair transplant services in Turkey may vary, and some clinics may offer lower prices.
This does not mean that the quality of services is low. Clinics, where lower prices can be offered, may be affected by factors such as the experience and qualification of the doctor who will perform the transplant, the conditions of the place where the transplant will be performed, and the method by which the transplant will be performed.
For this reason, choosing the most suitable option for hair transplantation may be recommended, taking into account factors such as the experience and qualification of the clinic and doctor where you will have the hair transplant procedure and the type and amount of the procedure to be performed.
Why Turkey Is Cheap
Turkey’s situation against foreign currencies such as Dollar, Euro, and Sterling makes the country attractive for international patients. Especially patients who want to have a hair transplant can choose Turkey because the cost of a hair transplant operation is 8-9 thousand pounds in England, while this price drops to 2-3 thousand pounds in Turkey.
In addition, Turkey, which is located in a world-renowned tourism center like Istanbul, has the best hair transplant centers and offers direct flights to the city from many capitals, making Istanbul an important center for hair transplants. In addition, considering Istanbul’s cultural, historical, and social opportunities, the country becomes attractive in terms of tourism.
We can list the other reasons why Turkey’s hair transplant area is also cheap as follows.
- 1. Manpower costs are low in Turkey.
- 2. The costs of medical equipment and materials are low in Turkey.
- 3. Competitive prices are offered for hair transplant services in Turkey.
- 4. The advantageous position of the Turkish lira against the Dollar, Euro, and Sterling provides more affordable prices for patients coming to Turkey from abroad.
Manpower Costs in Turkey
Turkey is a very convenient place when compared to other countries in terms of manpower costs. Employees’ wages and health expenses are lower, especially compared to European Union countries. This increases the competitiveness of companies producing in Turkey and helps them gain more space in the world market.
This advantage is also valid for companies that perform hair transplant operations in Turkey. Low manpower costs also reduce the cost of hair transplantation; therefore, hair transplantation in Turkey is cheaper than in other countries.
Costs of Medical Equipment and Materials
Turkey is a very convenient place when compared to other countries in terms of access to medical equipment and supplies. For this reason, medical equipment and materials prices are more affordable than in European Union countries. This increases the competitiveness of companies producing medical equipment and supplies in Turkey and helps them gain more space in the world market.
Competitive Prices for Hair Transplant Services in Turkey
The hair transplant industry in Turkey is very competitive, and therefore companies compete with each other to lower prices. Thanks to this competition, attractive prices are offered for hair transplant services; therefore, Turkey has become an attractive option.